1. Prepare the buttermilk Blue cheese dressing: In a food processor, pulse the Blue cheese with the buttermilk. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream while processor is working. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside until you are ready to use.
2. Cut open the rolls and spread the dressing on top and bottom. Lay herb salad on the bottom of the roll and top with a slice of tomato. Set aside while preparing the crabs.
3. Place the flour, cornmeal, and eggs in three separate bowls.
4. Dredge the soft shell crabs through the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them in egg and then dredge through cornmeal.
5. Melt butter over medium heat. When butter begins to bubble, add the crabs and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Place a crab on the bottom of the roll and top with a spoonful of buttermilk dressing. Serve immediately.
Tip: if you don’t have blue cornmeal, use a coarse yellow or white cornmeal instead.