Pear and Blue Cheese Torte
Pear and Blue cheese have always been a “royal pair.” Try a new way to celebrate their flavors!
MAKES 10 SERVINGS
- 3 pears, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup finely ground blanched almond
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Castello Danish Blue Cheese
- ½ cup apple jelly
- Baking pan: 8-inch spring form cake pan, lightly buttered
1. Soak the pears in water and lemon; set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat the sugar and egg yolks together until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the almonds and bread crumbs; set aside. Beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold them into the batter.
3. Transfer the batter into the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes. Cool in the pan before removing. Scatter crumbled Blue cheese over the top of the tart. Drain the pear slices and arrange them on the top.
4. Heat the apple jelly and brush it over the torte, adding a touch of sweetness.